8/29/07

Illinoise T-Shirt

This is probably the last t shirt I'm posting for awhile, cause my x-acto knife is getting pathetically dull. There is nothing more frustrating than a dull x-acto knife. Trust me. Especially when you're working on a design with tons of detail as I was last night.
However, the fruits of my labor:
The weird rectangular outline is merely the freezer paper ironed on the inside of the shirt and not some unfortunate by product of anything.
A close up:
Sorry the pictures kind of crooked. This was definitely the most difficult of the three shirts I"ve made this week, if only because of the sheer number of islands in the pattern. I don't know if anyone can tell, but I cheated a bit because the dots in the e's are added with black fabric paint. I did cut out the bits to make them with the freezer paper, but the bits were too small to stick to the fabric, or much to small to find later when trying to remove the freezer paper from the shirt. I can't find where i got this stencil from anymore, but perhaps someone with finer google skills will be able to. I lied. I just found it here

No comments: