9/17/07

Milano-esque cookies


I love the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies. They're super tasty, and also they have chocolate in them in a dose I can totally handle. Also, they are pretty much the tastiest thing to eat while drinking Chai, milk and cookies style. So, lately, whenever I start to like something, my first instinct is to see if I could make it myself. So I was googling Milano cookies, and i found one recipe that was completely strange and called for almonds. I was going to make them, and so went on The Great Almond Adventure of 2007. However, the next day I found this recipe which looked much more accurate, and as far as I can tell tastes much more accurate than the almond involving one would have. I have to say, these seem to taste a bit nuttier than I remember Milano cookies tasting. Now first of all that's strange, because there aren't actually any nuts in the recipe. But I randomly hypothesize that's entirely because of the brown sugar in the recipe and I think you might get better results if you used regular sugar. I'd have to test that out to be sure, and in the mean time, these are quite tasty themselves.



Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 T. butter
1 C. semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325ºF.

In a bowl, cream together the 1 cup butter and sugar. Add vanilla
extract and flour; mix until smooth. Shape level teaspoons of dough
into log shapes. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 17
to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

Microwave chocolate chips and the 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes;
stir until smooth. Spread chocolate on flat side of cookie and top
with the other

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

want

Unknown said...

You can't have them. Wash ate them all. Then I made more, and Wash tried to eat them. So then I gave him a bath to pay for his sins.