9/11/07

Baklava Ice Cream


I found this recipe at the Desert Candy blog. Apparently the woman who runs it went through and tried to make 20 different types of ice cream in twenty days. I can do nothing buy admire her audacity, especially since I'll be mining her hard work for tasty treats for the next couple of weeks. Also, she's clearly learned the art of taking attractive food pictures, a feat I fear I will never master. It's always "Look! It's ice cream! In a bowl!" Of course, methodology could have something to do with that. I'm sure she probably puts a lot more thought into taking the picture than I do. Mainly because my thought process is "I'm going to have some ice cream. Oh, I should probably take a picture for the blog first." *picture snap* It's kind of a shame because I feel like I'm letting the food down. I'm looking at the picture now, and the ice cream doesn't look particularly tasty. However, that's clearly not the ice cream's fault, because it is particularly tasty. So it can only be my fault.
Anyway, the only advice I could recommend is that she suggests crumbling actual baklava and putting it in the ice cream, and that seems like a sensible option unless you randomly have fillo dough in the house. You use a tiny portion of it, and it's a complete bitch to work with, as I found out this afternoon. However, the walnut crunchy bit is particularly tasty, and would probably also work well on an apple pie or something.

No comments: